Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Maintenance: Cleanup on aisle 3

We are in the middle of an ice storm here. Last time I saw it like this was when we were camping over in Lost Maples State Park Christmas of 1984. The storm started last night and is still going on this morning with a total of 1" in the rain gauge and more falling. Fortunately the temperature is creeping upwards but not enough to get above freezing yet.

 As I'm typing this I can hear trees snapping off and crashing to the ground. So far the driveway is still passable, not that we're going anywhere anytime soon! We're also extremely fortunate that last summer the electric coop sent crews in to cut back the right-of-ways, and though I'm amazed, we still have power.

Normally I can walk under this Longleaf Pine
over near the well house, Not that I'm going
to be strolling around under any trees right now!


Oh man! That's going to leave a mark!

I'm going to have to get the chipper out
after this blows on by.


No comments:

Post a Comment