Thursday, January 30, 2014

Birdwatching: A few photos from out the rear window.

I'm kind of stuck inside today; not that I can't go out, I just don't feel like it. I've been up since 0330 when the power went out and I drug, or dragged; depending on which side of the grammar debate you come down on; the generator out of the barn into a freezing rain. Ten hours later power was restored and the ice is melting, but it's still pretty dang cold out there and my motivation level is low!
Baltimore Oriole hunting ants on the humming bird feeder

So I was sitting here looking out the rear window at the frenzy around the bird feeder (It took them less than 24 hours to empty a full feeder yesterday!) and decided I would just troll through my camera for some of the bird photos I haven't cleared out yet.

I'm not an ornithologist, and find field guides an exercise in frustration, so, I'll put down what I think the bird is but don't beat me up for being wrong.

And I really wish I could upload the full 12G jpegs but we're on a satellite internet connection here with only limited usage allowed before they choke us down to a crawl that dial-up could run circles around.


Cardinal, and not the baseball playing kind

Squabble at the feeder

Chipping Sparrow

Female Pileated Woodpecker




American Robin
A discussion about territory?

An eclectic neighborhood


Chilly Ground Doves
 

Is this a Black-capped or a Carolina Chickadee?
 


A Finch of some sort? Not happy about being photographed either







No comments:

Post a Comment